Translate

Thursday 24 August 2017

The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2

 

 

The Wisdom of Sirach

 Chapter  2

 

 

¹ My child, when you come to serve the Lord, prepare yourself for testing."

 

 (The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 1)

 

Oh God my beloved Father ever since the first day of Your relationship with me, to this very day testing has never stopped. However I believe that during these tests You are always with me. There are times when I pased the tests, however there are issues on which I failed and which You are still testing me by them to this very day until I merit a pass mark according to Your criteria. You are the best examiner and teacher my God and Father. I thank You for being on the examination board Amen.

 

  ² Set your heart right and be steadfast, and do not be impetuous in time of calamity.

 

 (The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 2)

 

Oh God my Father being to impetous and rushing things is indeed one of my weaknesses, throughout my life I made many mistakes and am still paying the price for such rushed decisions. I pray that I soften my heart and open it to You so that You can guide me in the course of my life Amen.



³ Cling to him and do not depart, so that your last days may be prosperous.



 (The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 3)

 

Oh God, you are my only hope and protection. In my situation, I totally depend on you because everyone is turning against me. As You know even the family therapist did not believe me and is going to act against me. I pray that You stop this conspiracy against me before the situation becomes more complicated Amen. Thank You, Jesus.



⁴ Accept whatever befalls you, and in times of humiliation be patient. ⁵ For gold is tested in the fire, and those found acceptable, in the furnace of humiliation. ⁶ Trust in him, and he will help you; make your ways straight, and hope in him.


 (The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verses 4 to 6)

 

Oh God many times I manage to accept what happens to me as being according to Your will but at times I become really stressed out. I pray that You foster in me a strong feeling of trust so that I can totally let go and place my total trust in You Amen. 


⁷ You who fear the Lord, wait for his mercy; do not stray, or else you may fall.

 (The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 7)

 

Oh God, my Father many times I state that I believe in You and even place my trust in You, however when it comes to imitating Your mercy I find it a problem. I have been in a stressful relationship with my wife for 16 years. Now that she has been made aware of the mediation she has suddenly changed, however, although the change appears to be permanent I cannot trust her not to go back to her old ways.


⁸ You who fear the Lord, trust in him, and your reward will not be lost. ⁹ You who fear the Lord, hope for good things, for lasting joy and mercy.


 (The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verses 8 to 9)

 

Amen oh God my Father, when I place my total trust in You and not in myself nothing is difficult to achieve, life becomes more positive because my hope and trust is based on You and not on the ways of the world Amen.


¹⁰ Consider the generations of old and see: has anyone trusted in the Lord and been disappointed? Or has anyone persevered in the fear of the Lord and been forsaken? Or has anyone called upon him and been neglected?



 (The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 10)



Oh God my beloved Father, the modern cliche' is that the olden times is not a guarantee for the future, however, it is true that all who placed their trust in You were never disappointed. I am one of Your witnesses oh God my Father Amen


¹¹ For the Lord is compassionate and merciful; he forgives sins and saves in time of distress.


(The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 11)


Oh God my blessed Father, this definition or proclamation of You is a perfect truth, for it describes You as a whole. I can testify to this for even though I was up to my neck in stress and woe You always delivered me Amen. I thank You for being so kind, loving and merciful Amen.


¹² Woe to timid hearts and to slack hands, and to the sinner who walks a double path!


(The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 12)


Oh God my beloved Father, how I wish to walk according to Your will every single day of my life. This is one of my greatest wishes, that of overcoming my self and to live the life that You want us to live Amen.


¹³ Woe to the fainthearted who have no trust! Therefore they will have no shelter.


(The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 13)



Oh God my beloved Father it is indeed a great woe to live my life based solely on my own means, or under the impression that one can possibly live without You. For me it is impossible to live without trusting You my God and Father, for my life would become totally insecure. I pray that the flame of faith in You will always keep on burning in me Amen.



¹⁴ Woe to you who have lost your nerve! What will you do when the Lord's reckoning comes?


(The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 14)



Woe to me my Lord and God for I am one of those who have lost their nerve, and the price that I am paying is very harsh. All the harsh words that I said during mediation have been used against me, and I have been accused by the judgment of the world as being unfit to be present in my daughter's presence unsupervised. Oh God, I am happy to receive my penalty in this world, with the hope and faith that my end will be more positive when I appear in Your presence Amen.


¹⁵ Those who fear the Lord do not disobey his words, and those who love him keep his ways. ¹⁶ Those who fear the Lord seek to please him, and those who love him are filled with his law.

(The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 15)


Oh God, my Father verse 15 makes me realize that I am still far away from loving You even though I say I do because I do not always obey Your ways. Teach me to love You more my God and Father Amen.


¹⁶ Those who fear the Lord seek to please him, and those who love him are filled with his law.


(The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 16)


Oh God my Father those who love You make Your law the way of their life, and live according to its teachings, this does not mean that they do not sin or make mistakes because we still have our human side, however as humans we will be humble enough to say sorry and confess our sins Amen.


¹⁷ Those who fear the LORD prepare their hearts, and humble themselves before him. ¹⁸ Let us fall into the hands of the Lord, but not into the hands of mortals; for equal to his majesty is his mercy, and equal to his name are his works.



(The Wisdom of Sirach Chapter 2 verse 17)



Oh God, my beloved Father, I pray that I am totally open to You, that I give You all my pleasures and even all my anxieties and stressors. I know that whenever I trusted in You I was never disappointed Amen.


I would like to end the second chapter of the book of Wisdom according to Sirach with the following prayer:


My God and My Father, every time I have shown my trust in You and I have never been disappointed. I pray that I learn to be more dependent on You regarding every issue of my life, because when I do so You will always give me an answer in Your own good and Godly time Amen.


















 

 

 

 

 




 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment